Skip to content

Ideas

361 results found

1. When I'm answering a Q&A question, mark which items I've already upvoted or downvoted

When I'm answering a Q&A question, mark which items I've already upvoted or downvoted so I can more easily work through the list. It's also hard to understand (and explain to others) what the numbers are on the left. Perhaps a label at the top of that column would help.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Sorry, I’m not sure I fully understand. After you up/downvote on a response to a Q&A poll → the up/down arrow should turn from white to a dark blue to indicate that you have voted. Is this not happening for you or not what you have in mind?

The numbers along the left is the “Net score” or “Net votes” which tallies the +1 and -1 votes and gives it’s overall value. I haven’t heard much confusion with the Net Score being unclear, however we will definitely test it with some folks and if we hear from more people we will add some more labeling. We’re always hesitant to add more words to clutter up the response page, but it’s important to be clear.

Thanks for the feedback!

2. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. LMS - Success Factors

Add Success Factors as an option for LMS attendee data import.

Please and thank you!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Custom size images

Would like to be able to size an image so that poll takers do not have to scroll horizontal and vertically for entire image for voting

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We can look into how we determine the image size for our clickable image polls on our pollev response page. If you resize the initial image to be smaller (less tall) before uploading, that will resolve the problem. This is because we want to make the image large enough to click on and fill up the screen while keeping the same height to width ratio. So, any image that is much longer than it is tall > can result in this situation.

But, our engineers will investigate to see what we can do programmatically to prevent this or at least make it less extreme.

5. Change default right/wrong point assignment

For teaching I give mostly multiple choice questions. For the wrong answer I'd like to assign 2 points and right answers I'd like to assign 4 points. I then use the export-to-canvas to send them all to my student's accounts.

I'd like to set this up by default. Currently, for every question I turn on the "assign points", and fill in the 2 for all questions but the correct one, where I fill in a 4.

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Color coding

We'd like to be able to choose specific colors for certain multiple choice responses in the bar/column charts

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I’ll check with the team to see what this would take. Otherwise, the closest thing we offer today is our Heat Map view which will have each bar be a different color. However, the color of the bar will change based on how many people support that option to help show the “Leader”

If that sounds like something you’re interested in check out the visual settings menu > heatmap and see what you think

7. Please update the iPad app for iOS 9 multitasking

The current version of the Poll Everywhere app on iPad does not allow for split view/multitasking, which was introduced to the iPad two years ago. Please support this functionality which is crucial for using PE on the fly.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I would like to leave the poll up for longer than 30 days without inactivity.

We use Poll Everywhere as our district wide text a tip line. As you know, if the poll is inactive for 30 days, the poll shuts off. Is there a way for you to set it so it stays on ALWAYS. we need the poll to never shut off. If I forget to check it at 30 days to make sure it's on, it will shut off, and we have instituted this to help with the health and safety of our student body.

17 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Have the show results chart hidden by default.

I know that you can toggle this on/off, but for brand new polls the default is always to show the results. It would be nice if it this was set to default to hide the chart, then after you move on to the next slide after showing the chart, it would reset it back to hiding results.

In my experience, we have never wanted to show the results as answers come in.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We are looking into a few ways to do this. Our current plan is to have a “workflow” that you could customize and setup for all of the polls on your account. And we would follow that flow as you click the right arrow key while presenting. So, the poll would start with the chart hidden then

hidden chart and active poll > lock the poll > show the chart > show the correct answer > go to the next poll

Does that sound like something that would work for you?

10. Engaging Onscreen Results

More attractive/engaging output, for example, I get a more engaged audience response when I use UMU.com vs. PollEverywhere.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Our Sales Team does offer some custom branding for folks who want to host our web response page on your own URL and branding. Otherwise, we are looking at some ways to make this sort of branding initiative available on our retail plans to let you host our poll slides on your own web domain. But, for now it requires some custom effort either from us or your own developers. We’re happy to work with you to get it working though!

Thanks for the idea

Best,
    Brian – Product Manager of Poll Everywhere

11. Add Back Button to LiveSlides PowerPoint add-in

LiveSlides doesn't have a back button but it needs one! This would allow someone to be able to follow a hyperlink on a website but still get back to the original webpage. Without it, I can't figure out how to get back.

I'd like to use LiveSlides within a self-guided PowerPoint to flip the classroom, and I want students to be able to do a simple research project but easily move forward with the presentation when they are finished.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Bracket for a playoff

Create ability to vote on and display winners in a bracket play off, ala NCAA basketball tournament. For example, if there was a beer tasting for 8 beers, users could select (blind or identified) favorites two beers at a time - four votes in first round, two in semifinal and one in final.

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Weighted Voting

Have a way for a delegate's vote to be weighted in situations where one delegate is representing several people's vote as a proxy or maybe the president's vote has more swing so his/ her vote should count as two individual's vote.

17 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Clickable image poll result: Summary image

Clickable image poll result: Summary image
    Current Clickable Image poll results can be displayed two ways: (1) All the received clicks posted onto the image; (2) Tally of clicks that landed in defined Clickable Regions.
    Suggested addition: For polls where the key information is the coordinates - not any clickable regions - calculate a centroid - i.e. an average position of all the clicks, and show that on the same Results figure along with all the individual clicks. In some cases that would be pretty useful. The average coordinates could also be shown. Even better would be that centroid point,…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Clickable image reporting: Separate "coordinates" and "clickable region" data values

Clickable image reporting: Separate "coordinates" and "clickable region" data values
    Current reporting for "Clickable Image" poll includes a data column (in the Pivot Table format) that has both the click coordinate values (0-100%,0-100%) and the Defined Click Region, if any. These are 3 separate values and should be reported in separate data columns; otherwise they have to be parsed in order to be used.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Clickable image coordinate definition

Clickable image poll: Precisely define graph extent and "0" position.
    The current reporting on Clickable Image is in terms of "% of full extent of the total uploaded image". This method would work well for capturing quantitative data based on a graph (an image of a graph),

but only if <
    three points on the graph image could be precisely defined (in terms of screen position) by the user: (0,0), (0,100%), and (100%,0). Then, the reported percentages would mean something more directly usable.
    Suggestion: Offer this capability from the "Edit" screen that shows the uploaded image at the largest scale.…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Export to SPSS

Add the option to export all of the response data to .sav format for further analysis in SPSS.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. improve "recent presentations" on pollev.com

As students, it'd be helpful to see more than 3 "recent presentations" so that we can access frequent professors faster

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Ability to change placement and size of timer and responses

I would like like to be able to move the timer to a different position on the screen, and have it be larger.

Same with the amount of responses, it is too small to really be noticed from the tests that I have done (maybe I haven't found the right setting for it?)

Also, I would like a way to trigger the timer without having to go on screen with the mouse to start/stop/reset it. As an example, sometimes the questions need to be explained or the host is reading them out loud. By the time that's done, the timer…

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Is there a way to show a count of all responses that are the same in open ended polls or word clouds?

I love the open ended feature in my classes and the word cloud visualization as well. It would be nice though if we could see the actual count of how many people responded with the same answer. For instance, if I put a definition up in my lecture, it'd be great to have a count of how many people answered correctly. Obviously, right now I'm just using a multiple choice question, but sometimes I'd prefer to see if they can remember without the right answer up there to cue their memory.
    Thanks!

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?